Department - Service Department
Supervisor - General Manager / Dealer Principal
Manages employees and operations of the service department
Key Result Areas
Service Department Operation
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Service Department Operations
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
- Ensure service department contributes an acceptable level of gross $ net profit.
- Maximize productivity levels of service technicians.
- Ensure service personnel are alert, well trained, and available when needed.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
- Establish procedures to initiate and forward all customers paid, warranty and internal repair orders.
- Develop procedures in conjunction with the Parts Manager that ensures a smooth flow of parts to Service Technicians during jobs.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management.
- Ensure employees keep a clean, efficient, and orderly department.
2) Customer Service
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Gain the trust and confidence of new customers when they are introduced to the service department.
- Give special attention to repeat orders to ensure the situation is corrected.
- Maintain service follow-up programs.
- Grow the volume of service work.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with the Parts & Sales departments.
- Maintain efficiency reports on sales representatives.
- Provide reports to GM, as requested.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM,
- Attend training sessions to keep current with service department issues.
4) Other Duties
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work loads of all employees.
- Monitor and address all comebacks with individual technicians.
- Establish job assignments for all service employees within their skill levels.
- Set policies and procedures for service department.
- Manage employee performance (evaluate and counsel).
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and termination employees.
- Maintain records of all employees performance reviews.
- Ensure appropriate training is provided to all service employees (seminars, workshops, sales schools, etc.)
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all service personnel, maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s)
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the service business.
- Focus on quality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- 5 years progressive experience within the service department of a motor vehicle dealership.
- Prefer knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with point-of-sale and parts & service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to experience with other systems.
- Current, valid motorcycle license.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach and lift 50-75lbs of material.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push an 850lbs plus motorcycle.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org